The one and only Sophie la girafe!
Sophie la girafe© was first created in France in 1961 and was an immediate success. Over 50 years later, Sophie la girafe has grown to be the world’s best selling teether, trusted by mothers & celebrities worldwide!
The reason is simple: babies love Sophie la girafe. She is fun, lovable, stimulating and safe. She has become so popular that 99% of French babies have a Sophie! Worldwide, over 50 million Sophies have been sold.
Sophie la girafe is made in France with 100% natural rubber and food-grade paint. She is BPA and Phthalate-free and is one of the safest toys for a baby to bite and chew on. Slender, flexible and soft, your baby can squeeze and chew her in complete safety. The well chosen design makes her easy to grasp for tiny hands. The bumpy head and legs help soothe sore, teething gums. Lovable and amusing, she makes a happy sound when squeezed which stimulates hearing and helps your baby to understand the link between cause and effect.
Sophie la girafe stimulates all five senses:
- Sight: the dark and contrasting spots all over Sophie la girafe's body provide visual stimulation and make her easily recognisable to a baby. She soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object.
- Hearing: her squeaker keeps your baby amused, stimulates hearing, and helps to understand the link between cause and effect. Such fun for a baby!
- Taste: there are lots of parts for a baby to chew on such like ears, horns & legs. She is perfect for soothing sore gums when teething and is completely safe.
- Touch: Sophie is very soft to touch, stimulating soothing physiological and emotional responses.
- Smell: the singular scent of natural rubber (from the Hevea tree) makes Sophie la girafe very special and easy for your child to identify amongst all her other toys.
Your baby will love Sophie!
She is offered in a lovely gift box complete with card to personalise.
Age: from 0 months.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & SOPHIE LA GIRAFE CARE ADVICE:
- How do I clean Sophie la girafe?
The manufacturer of Sophie la girafe recommends that you only clean the surface of Sophie with a damp cloth and soapy water. Please do not try to sterilise her. Further cleaning & care instructions are provided on the side of the gift box that Sophie arrived in.
- Sophie’s spots are fading, what can I do?
It is perfectly normal for you to see Sophie’s colours fade. Please remember that the spot colouring is made from food grade paint for the safety of your child. Sophie’s spots will slowly and naturally fade with time.
Sophie la girafe is made from 100% natural rubber and it’s important that you’re aware of this. Natural rubber is a material that can and will change with time but then that is exactly what makes Sophie such a soft and safe toy for your child.
- Sophie doesn’t squeak anymore, what has happened?
Sophie’s squeaker can stop working if she is submerged in water or put in the dishwasher. While this might be a terrific discovery for some parents, your baby will not be happy with you! Squeakers are not waterproof and Sophie should only be cleaned as per the cleaning instructions on the packaging. Save Sophie la girafe’s squeak and clean her carefully!
On very rare occasions, there might be a lack of natural rubber attaching the squeaker to your toy. This could possibly be the cause if you didn’t submerge Sophie in water. Our products meet and exceed all European and worldwide safety standards, however, there is a possibility that your toy might be defective. In this case, please contact us or the store where you purchased Sophie so that we can request a replacement.
Please note that for safety reasons the squeaker, due to its size and shape, is designed to stay inside the toy should it become detached.
- What is the significance of the number on the Sophie’s leg?
Since July 2011, every Sophie la girafe produced has been given a batch number which is located on the back of one of her legs. This enables full traceability and allows us to check production date and corresponding laboratories tests. Each number relates to a certified batch test and confirms its compliance with European and worldwide standards.
Vulli (the manufacturer of Sophie la girafe) takes great pride in making sure that the quality of its products exceeds all expectations. For over 50 years, our customers have trusted us and we have and will continue to do everything we can to uphold our reputation.
- Why do you call her Sophie la girafe and not Sophie the giraffe?
Sophie is a French toy and consequently her official name is French. In English she is often referred to as Sophie the giraffe but her official name is Sophie la girafe. ‘Giraffe’ is simply spelt ‘girafe’ in French. We haven’t misspelt her name and both names refer to the same smiling giraffe!